A Food Handlers Card is required to work in a food service establishment. An opportunity to obtain a food handlers card is provided through classroom instruction and testing on safe food handling procedures. Classes are taught throughout the year in both English and Spanish. The course must be completed within 14 days of hire and 7 days of expiration.
What you need to know:
- Cost (online or in-person): $25
- The online class (http://www.statefoodsafety.com/food-handler/utah-food-handler-permit) is the fastest and easiest and easiest way to complete the course.
- Classes at the Park City Health Department (650 Round Valley Dr) have been reduced due to the course being offered online. For special circumstances when the course cannot be completed online, please contact us (information below).
- Once you have completed your food manager certification, please click here to fill out a registration form with the health department.
Round Valley location class schedule:
- December 11
3:00 pm (Spanish)
- December 18
3:00 pm (Spanish)
2017 Food Manager Certification providers
(All Food Service managers need to attend a Food Managers Certification Course.)
THE SUMMIT COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT NO LONGER OFFERS FOOD MANAGER CERTIFICATION COURSES
- Utah State University
- (435) 336-3218 Susan Haws
- Online testing in Coalville (proctoring available)
- Utah Restaurants Association
- Nicholas & Company
- (801) 530-5250 George Lopez (Spanish/English)
- Prometric Food Safety
- Approved alcohol training providers: http://dsamh.utah.gov/easy-off-premise-approved-training-providers/.
Safe Food Practices is a refresher course for all food service workers on safe food handling and proper procedures.
Environmental Health Division, Summit County Health Department
650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, Utah 84060
Phone: 435-333-1511, Fax: 435-333-1580