The Summit County Health Department and the Utah Department of Health are partnering to help parents learn about healthy development for their newborns and young children.
Seeing your child reach developmental milestones can be fun and memorable moments. Parents and grandparents often watch for a child’s first steps and words, and remember those moments forever.
But sometimes children have delays in their development, such as not babbling, not responding to their names, or avoiding eye contact.
To learn more about this important program and what you as a parent can do, call Susie Bond at the Health Department at 435-333-1520 or click here for the Act Early website.
What is Early Intervention?
Summit County Early Intervention is part of Baby Watch which is Utah’s network of services for children ages birth to three with developmental delays or disabilities.
What does Early Intervention do?
Summit County Early Intervention provides early identification and development services for families of infants and toddlers, ages birth to three.
Some of the services offered include:
- A full assessment of a child’s current health and development status.
- Service coordination among providers, programs, and agencies
- Strategies to build on family concerns, priorities, and resources
- Developmental services: occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech/Language Therapy, Nursing services, and others.
These services are provided through the coordinated effort of parents, community agencies, and a variety of professionals. Most services provided by Summit County Early Intervention are provided in the family home or natural environment and community settings such as child care.
Who qualifies to receive Early Intervention services?
Children birth to three years of age who meet or exceed the definition of developmental delays in one or more of the following areas:
- Physical development
- Vision and hearing
- Feeding and dressing skills
- Social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Learning, problem solving and play skills
Summit County Early Intervention
650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, UT 84060
Phone: 435-333-1520 Fax: 435-333-1587