Summit County Board of Health
Chris Cherniak — Chair
Summit County Board of Health meetings are held every other month and are open to the public. For a schedule or to place an item on the next meeting’s agenda, please call the Summit County Health Department at 435-333-1583.
The State of Utah now has the Public Notice Website where you can go for the latest information and dates for public notices throughout Utah.
Click here to go to that site.
For minutes from past Board of Health meetings, please click here.
10 Essential Functions of Public Health*
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
* Source: National Association of County and City Health Officials
Adopted Code of Health
The Code of Health is the document that governs public health in Summit County. It establishes public health policy, functions and operations both within incorporated and unincorporated parts of Summit County. It applies to private, public and non-profit organizations.