The Health Education team is offering ATV Safety Training at the following times and locations:
September 30, 2017 @ 9 a.m. — Kamas (Kamas Rodeo Grounds)
Summit County Health Department has partnered with the Division of Natural Resources (DNR), Kamas City and the City of Henefer to host two OHV training courses. This class is for adults and children ages 8+. A license will be provided upon completion. The purpose of this course is to learn safe practices while riding Off-Highway Vehicles. Our goal is to help prevent traumatic brain injuries and protect riders in Summit County. OHV helmets will be available for a donation of $25.
- You must be eight years or older to participate in the course.
- The course is for ATVs only — no side-by-sides or dirt bikes allowed.
- Please bring your own ATV for use during the training.
- Parents must remain with their children throughout the duration of the course. (Feel free to bring a lawn/camp chair)
- The course typically lasts 3-4 hours.
- Additional helmets may be available for purchase.
- Participants are encouraged to review the Study Guide for Utah OHV Safety Certificate prior to attending the course. It can be found online at:https://www.offroad-ed.com/utah/studyGuide/401046.