Quick Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is an important step in refueling your body after a good night’s sleep. About 12-34% of teens skip breakfast. Mornings can be rushed and there isn’t always time to fix a good breakfast. Often kids are found running out the door without taking time to sit down and have something to eat. There are many reasons why this meal is so important such as increased academic performance, elevated energy and long term maintenance of a healthy weight. Below are some ideas to help make eating breakfast a whole lot easier!
- Make ahead with favorite filling
- Wrap in waxed paper
- Put in freezer bag
- Label and date
- Heat and eat
French toast, pancakes and waffles
- Make ahead
- Freeze individually
- Grab and heat
- Can eat on the go
- 12 eggs scrambled
- Choose your favorite fillings
- Shredded cheese
- Cooked bacon or sausage
- Green onion
- Green pepper
- Mix together
- Pour to fill greased muffin tin
- Bake at 350° for 23 minutes
- Makes 1 dozen
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days
- Heat and eat
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender. Mix and enjoy!
- Protein: Choose one or more sources to help build muscle.
- Greek Yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Nuts or nut butter
- Non-fat dry milk
- Fruit: This will give you an energy boost.
- Berries – fresh or frozen
- Other tasty add-ins: For flavor and fun.
- Flavored milk powder
- Milk: Top it off with liquid to keep you hydrated.
- Use your imagination and add your favorite ingredients!