You can THRIVE with diabetes!
Do you want to:
- Improve your blood sugar and A1c levels?
- Keep your blood pressure on target?
- Better manage your cholesterol numbers?
- Save money on diabetes supplies?
Diabetes education will help you learn how to manage your diabetes and be as healthy as possible by focusing on seven self-care behaviors: healthy eating, being active, monitoring, taking medication, problem solving, healthy coping and reducing risks.
Diabetes educators are experienced healthcare professionals – such as registered nurses, registered dietitians or pharmacists – who have special knowledge and skills to help you successfully manage all aspects of your diabetes. Like many people with diabetes, you may find managing the disease is difficult. That’s where a diabetes educator can help, by working with you to design a specific plan that includes the tools and support you need.
Diabetes education works. Studies show that diabetes education helps people lower their blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels. These things help you stay healthier and reduce the risk of diabetes complications.
The best times for diabetes education are:
- When you’re diagnosed with diabetes
- As part of your annual assessment of education, nutrition or emotional issues
- When new complications arise
- During changes in your healthcare team or treatment
Appointments are available in Park City, Coalvile, Kamas, and online.
SaRene Brooks – Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian
650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, UT 84060
Phone: 435-333-1509 Fax: 435-333-1580