Free Child Safety Seat Checks
Certified car seat technicians will inspect your car seat(s) and answer your questions.
- How do I lock the seatbelt to tighten down my car seat?
- How long should I keep my child rear-facing?
Free car seat checks are held by appointment only at the Park City Office at 650 Round Valley Drive. Call the Summit County Health Department at 435-333-1500 to schedule an appointment.
Automobile crashes are the number one preventable crippler and killer of children. Correct and consistent use of a child seat or seat belt can greatly reduce the chance of injury or death by more than 60%.
Car Seat Safety Tips
- There is no “best” car seat. The best seat is one that fits your child, fits your vehicle and you will use correctly on each and every ride.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation of the child car seats or have a free child safety seat check.
- Put children in the back seat until at least 12 years old. It’s the safest place. Select the type of child safety restraints appropriate for the child’s age height and weight.
- Don’t start the car until everyone buckles up-every time.
The time to protect your child is before the need arises. Adults should be role models, always buckle your own seat belt and protect your child in a child car seat, booster seat or seat belt every time you ride in a motor vehicle.
Alyssa Mitchell – Health Educator, Summit County Health Department
650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, UT 84060
Phone: 435-333-1508 Fax: 435-333-1580