COVID-19 Vaccine Booster (3rd Dose)
Currently, the CDC is recommending moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood.
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome).
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection.
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response.
Eligible individuals should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
- Age Groups:
- Moderna: 18 yrs+
- Pfizer: 12 yrs+
- At least 28 days after an individual received their 2nd dose.
Eligible immunocompromised individuals are encouraged to contact their primary care physician or pharmacy to receive the booster vaccine.
Only Moderna boosters are available for eligible individuals at the Summit County Health Department. J&J boosters are expected late fall.
We will release more information when boosters are available to specific age groups or the general public.
COVID-19 Vaccines and Pregnancy
- Growing evidence about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy demonstrates that the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine outweigh any known or potential risks.
- CDC recommends pregnant people should be vaccinated against COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people 12 years and older, including people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future.
First and Second Vaccine Doses
Currently open to individuals 18 years or older. Summit County vaccine clinics currently have Moderna (18+) vaccines as well as Pfizer vaccines for individuals age 16-17.
Ahora vacunas de COVID-19 están abiertas para personas con 18 años y mayores. Las clínicas del Condado de Summit tiene las vacunas de Moderna (18+ ) y Pfizer para las personas con 16-17 años.