A Food Handlers Card is required to work in a food service establishment. An opportunity to obtain a food handlers card is provided through classroom instruction and testing on safe food handling procedures. Classes are taught throughout the year in both English and Spanish. The course must be completed within 14 days of hire and 7 days of expiration.
What you need to know:
- Cost (online or in-person): $25
- The online class is the fastest and easiest and easiest way to complete the course. For a list of available online courses, please go here.
- Click here for a current list of food manager certification providers.
- Once you have completed your food manager certification, please click here to fill out a registration form with the health department.
- Approved alcohol training providers: http://dsamh.utah.gov/easy-off-premise-approved-training-providers
Round Valley location class schedule:
Go here to view all upcoming food handlers classes (English and Spanish).
Environmental Health Division, Summit County Health Department
650 Round Valley Drive, Park City, Utah 84060
Phone: 435-333-1511, Fax: 435-333-1580